Information Assurance Security Engineer
This is a REMOTE position
iP-PLUS is looking for an experienced Information Assurance Security Engineer to support our customer, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) in Fort Belvoir, VA. This position is 50% REMOTE. The Information Assurance Security Engineer will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs a variety of routine project tasks applied to specialized information assurance problems. Tasks involve integration of electronic processes or methodologies to resolve total system problems, or technology problems as they relate to IA requirements.
- Analyzes information security requirements.
- Applies analytical and systematic approaches in the resolution of problems of work flow, organization, and planning.
- Provides security engineering support for planning, design, development, testing, demonstration, integration of information systems.
- Review and validate compliant to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) security controls and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs).
- Member of the Authorization Verification Team (AVT) performing step 4 of the RMF process. Reviewing the test results provided against the stated artifacts and evidence to verify the stated control compliance, in eMASS and Excel.
- Review POAMs for completeness and applicability.
- Monitor and track POMs being worked to ensure they are completed and providing status reports.
- Due to customer related requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related field with at least seven (7) years of IT experience.
- DOD Active Secret clearance is required.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel.
- Must have relevant certification meeting DOD 8570.01 IAM level III; (CISM, CISSP or GSLC)
- Experience with eMASS or equivalent (CSAM or XACTA)
- Knowledge of VBA programming
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
iP-Plus Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.